Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Day I Fell In Love With Brazil

Mom, I’m alive still...
It been one day and if you didn’t read the title, let me tell you I’m in love with Brazil. Day one had every emotion associated with it: joy- My reunion with Brian was a lot easier than I thought it would be (more expensive as well, but easy none the less) happiness- I don’t remember her name, not because I am a mean but because it was loud in the club, she is french and volunteering in the favelas... 
fear(this emotion gets a paragraph of its own) - So the hostel Brian was staying at was really close to Ipanema Beach and was in a pretty cool part of town but I reserved a room in another hostel. And so began this adventure... we took the metro to somewhere we thought would be close to the new hostel and after many long debates among fellow passengers we decided it would be best if we tok a taxi to this hostel. In a nutshell the taxi driver had no idea where we were going and the drive took twice as long as it should have taken. On this ride many thoughts came and went, most were along the lines of “ oh no, this is going to be bad” ... Turns out that we had been going the wrong way and the hostel is in a pretty cool area, we were able to walk back to the hostel with no problems after having lived it up in Lapa...

I would write more about Lapa which is amazing but I wont, not now maybe later ... more adventures to come fro Rio...

No comments:

Post a Comment